Freebie Friday season is almost over! Today only, get The Method, Meditations, and Philosophy of Descartes for free, then add Baruch Spinoza’s The Principles of Descartes’ Philosophy for only 99 cents. Just use the coupon code CARTESIAN at checkout. Get both now!
Considered the father of modern philosophy, René Descartes questioned if one can actually “know” anything and sought to develop a method for arriving at certain knowledge.
Today’s free book, The Method, Meditations, and Philosophy of Descartes, contains three of Descartes’ most influential works:
- Discourse on Method
- The Meditations
- The Principles of Philosophy
In today’s $0.99 bonus book, The Principles of Descartes’ Philosophy, seventeenth-century rationalist philosopher Baruch Spinoza analyzes René Descartes’ thought. In addition to providing commentary, Spinoza critiques Descartes philosophical views and offers recommendations. This work is an excellent choice for anyone interested in modern philosophy.
- Part I: The Principles of Descartes’ Philosophy
- Definitions: Thought, Idea, Substance, Mind, Body, God, etc.
- The Fundamental Principle of All Knowledge
- Axioms Taken from Descartes
- God’s Existence Demonstrated
- The Attributes of God
- Whatever Is Clearly Conceived Is True
- Other Attributes of God
- Extended Substance
- Part II: Concerning the Physical World
- Axioms and Lemmata
- The Essential Nature of Matter
- Concerning Motion
- God the Cause of Motion
- Moving Bodies Tend to Move in Straight Lines
- The Impact of Moving Bodies
- Part III
- A Postulate
- Definitions and Axioms
- The First Division of Matter
Download The Method, Meditations, and Philosophy of Descartes for free and add The Principles of Descartes’ Philosophy for only 99 cents. Just use coupon code CARTESIAN at checkout. But hurry—this special offer ends at midnight. Get both now!
P.S. Sad to see Freebie Friday go? Fear not—we’ll be starting something new in October!
Never miss a free book. Sign up for the Noet freebies list.